Monday, September 29, 2014

Retroactive Reviews 1 - Twilight's Kingdom parts 1 and 2

I've written reviews of all the episodes of season 4 but I haven't posted very many. Well, here they are, in reverse order.

Part 1

Sad Twi. Somepony needs a hug.
Horse joke ("why the long face?")
Flash!
Persian ponies look cool
Book! Just like the first episode
So, was the Cerberus thing and the release of Tirek planned all the way in season 2 or did they just fit it in now?

I don't know. Looking at the time, I'm thinking the first song could have been cut. It was good, just not necessary.

92/100 for part 1

Part 2

That battle was intense! They just put so much coolness in everywhere.
Somehow they fit the rainbow power designs in without making me cringe. I think everything else was just so cool that I ignored it or something. Actually I think it would have been better if this was a surprise, instead of something that was spoiled months ago to sell toys. It could have been "hey, here's something new, buy it!" instead of "hey, here's something for you to buy so we have to work into the story!" I'm not at all bothered that they're trying to sell these things, I just think they could have marketed them a lot better.
And Twi's castle is a tree house
The ending was rushed just a little bit, but it didn't take any points away from the episode
This is probably my favourite episode

100/100 for part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment